GREECE: CCHBC anti-competitive fine reduced - report
Local reports have claimed that Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Corp. has had a fine, imposed last year for anti-competitive moves, reduced.
A Greek newspaper claimed yesterday (2 September) that the Athens Appeal Court has reduced the fine from the original EUR8.66m (US$11.78m) to EUR6m.
The fine was imposed in June last year, when the Greek Competition Authority ruled that CCHBC had prevented retailers with whom it had contracts from using rival company coolers in stores, while giving preferential treatment to wholesalers and retailers who used CCHBC exclusively.
Although no-one was available for immediate comment at CCHBC when contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for the company told Reuters: "We have not yet received any official decision by the court. When we get it, which could happen in one or two weeks, we will comment."
Increased margins offset rising raw material and route-to-market costs at Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling, which today reported a strong set of full year results....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company has announced plans to build 15 new power plants in an attempt to curb its carbon dioxide emissions....
Merrill Lynch has downgraded its recommendation on Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. (CCHBC)....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling is reportedly looking at converting a mill in Russia into a bottling plant....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research