GREECE: CCHBC anti-competitive fine reduced - report
Local reports have claimed that Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Corp. has had a fine, imposed last year for anti-competitive moves, reduced.
A Greek newspaper claimed yesterday (2 September) that the Athens Appeal Court has reduced the fine from the original EUR8.66m (US$11.78m) to EUR6m.
The fine was imposed in June last year, when the Greek Competition Authority ruled that CCHBC had prevented retailers with whom it had contracts from using rival company coolers in stores, while giving preferential treatment to wholesalers and retailers who used CCHBC exclusively.
Although no-one was available for immediate comment at CCHBC when contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for the company told Reuters: "We have not yet received any official decision by the court. When we get it, which could happen in one or two weeks, we will comment."
Increased margins offset rising raw material and route-to-market costs at Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling, which today reported a strong set of full year results....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company has announced plans to build 15 new power plants in an attempt to curb its carbon dioxide emissions....
Merrill Lynch has downgraded its recommendation on Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. (CCHBC)....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling is reportedly looking at converting a mill in Russia into a bottling plant....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends