US/EUROPE: CCE to axe 3,500 jobs
The company, which has operations in countries including the US, the UK and France, announced the cuts today (13 February) as it issued its full-year results for 2006.
CCE said it would restructure parts of its corporate, North American and European operations to "enhance standardisation and consistency in our operating structure and business practices".
The bottler said it would create a more efficient supply chain in North America and implement new selling systems with its customers.
The move is expected to cost CCE about US$300m in restructuring charges over the next two years.
Meanwhile, the company posted a net loss of US$1.1bn during 2006 after absorbing a US$2.9bn impairment charge. CCE said the charge was taken to reduce the book value of its North American franchise license intangibles to their estimated fair value.
Annual revenues rose 6% to US$19.8bn thanks to price increases and a 1% increase in volumes. Stripping out the impairment and other one-off charges in 2006, CCE said operating income rose 5% to US$1.5bn.
Following the recent floods in the UK, bottled water companies provided emergency supplies when mains water services broke down. Their largely unsung actions gave the companies a chance to demonstrate...
Bravo Brands is poised to file for bankruptcy, citing the failure of its tie-up with Coca-Cola Enterprises....
A director at Coca-Cole Enterprises has resigned....
The Coca-Cola Co. has moved to have a lawsuit against it in the US dismissed....
Coke has witnessed sales volumes in China increase during its second quarter and plans to focus on investing in the market for the future, according to reports....
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to close a bottling unit in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. has finally merged its German bottlers into one company....
Coca-Cola Enterprises' executive vice president and general counsel John Culhane plans to leave the company at the end of the year....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets