UK: CCE planning to make hero out of Zero
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) is set to unleash a promotional push for Coca-Cola Zero in the UK.
The company confirmed today (4 July) that it will run one of its biggest ever marketing campaigns in the country this summer, in an attempt to focus on attracting young males to the brand. Financial details for the move were not disclosed.
The campaign begins on Monday (10 July), with 2,500 employees from across CCE and Coca-Cola GB taking to the streets in July to distribute the drink to consumers and retailers. Over 4m samples will be given away during the month.
The biggest proportion of the investment is being spent on outdoor advertising, which will see Coca-Cola Zero advertising on high streets and near bars, supermarkets and convenience stores across the country.
"The summer has been a great success so far for CCE," said CCE's operational marketing director, Kieran Hemsworth. "We've had a fantastic trade reaction to our World Cup campaign with our biggest ever distribution day taking place in June.
"Already we are seeing some very positive signs in terms of carbonated soft drinks (CSD) growth. In the latest four-week data, CSDs have returned to growth for the first time in 18 months. This has been driven by the cola sector, which is up 4.9% in volume versus this time last year."
India's soft drinks industry has expressed its "shock" at a decision from the state of Karnataka to re-instate a ban on carbonates in its educational institutions....
Full-sugar carbonated soft drinks will be banned from New Zealand's secondary schools in three years, following an agreement between the country's government, Coca-Cola Amatil and PepsiCo's local dist...
Coca-Cola Enterprises has lined up a three-pronged attack to promote its flagship brands in the UK next year....
The Coca-Cola Co. has reportedly dismissed suggestions that it is to buy its largest bottler....
Coca-Cola Co. has refused to be drawn on comments from a senior US beverage industry analyst that it could table a takeover bid for its largest bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises....
Coca-Cola Enterprises is adding to its iced tea portfolio in the US....
At a conference on diabetes yesterday (13 Nov), Australian Health Minister Tony Abbott warned of the dangers of excessive consumption of sweetened soft drinks and their contribution to rising obesity ...
Coca-Cola Enterprises has reported rising profits during its third quarter....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research