FRANCE: CCE in US$47m production investment
Coca-Cola Entreprise (CCE) is planning to invest EUR36m (US$46.6m) at two of its five production plants in France this year.
The company is spending EUR25m in setting up an aseptic environment production line at its plant in Dunkirk, which serves markets in northern France and the Benelux.
The move will see CCE produce non-fizzy drinks at the plant such as orange juice brand Minute Maid and energy drink Powerade, which are imported into France. The new line is scheduled to enter service in spring 2008.
CCE is also investing EUR11m to build a logistics facility at its production site at Pennes-Mirabeau, near Marseilles, in order to better serve southern France.
Over a period of six years to 2008, CCE will have invested EUR156m in France.
The imminent smoking ban in pubs in England and Wales is expected to provide a further boost to already growing on-premise soft drinks sales, writes Annette Farr, with more female consumers and famili...
National Beverage Corp. has won its recent appeal in a lawsuit against Hansen Beverage Co. over the packaging for its energy drink....
Cesu Alus has posted a healthy increase in sales for the first six months of this year....
Flavoured milk specialist Bravo! Brands has announced that it has come to a mutual agreement with Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) to terminate its Master Distribution Agreement with the bottler, saying th...
Jones Soda has secured exclusive rights to an anti-stress natural additive....
Coca-Cola Enterprise workers at a distribution centre in Wakefield are planning to vote on whether to take industrial action over a pay row....
Leading Brands North America plans to launch its new energy drink by using the video games industry....
AG Barr is launching a larger can size for its Irn-Bru 32 energy drink....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages