UK: CCE drops Z range, ushers in Zero
Coca-Cola Enterprises is dumping its Z range and rebranding the portfolio in the UK.
The move follows the launch earlier this month of Coca-Cola Zero in the country.
"As part of the Zero range, the brands will benefit from the excitement and interest in Coca-Cola Zero," the company said. "The transition will provide consumers with a comprehensive range of … drinks with zero sugar or zero added sugar that includes both flavours and colas."
The new branding will be supported by a two-week outdoor campaign in the UK next month.
"The Zero range has been rebranded from Z to ensure consistency across the range following the introduction of Coca-Cola Zero," said CCE's operational marketing director Kieran Hemsworth. "The 'Zero Sugar, Great Taste' message on pack will be easy for consumers to understand and identify on shelf.
"The summer has been a great success so far for CCE and we are seeing some very positive signs with CSDs returning to growth for the first time in 18 months," Hemsworth continued. "We're confident that the rebranding of the range will benefit from the excitement around the launch of Coca-Cola Zero, and the new Zero range will continue to reignite the CSD category."
The Coca-Cola Co.'s largest bottler in Germany, Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränke (CCE AG), is set to create 300 sales jobs in an attempt to boost its business....
Coca Cola Entreprise (CCE) is planning to invest EUR36m (US$46.6m) at two of its five production plants in France this year....
Clearly Canadian has realigned its distribution network in the US....
Unions in the US have used an American football match in San Diego to launch protests against plans by Coca-Cola Enterprises to axe over 100 jobs in southern California....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has secured the distribution and bottling rights to three Cadbury Schweppes brands in Northern California....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has launched Peartiser, a drink it claims to be the only beverage on sale in the UK that contains nothing but pears. The company, which owns the Appletiser brand, is targeting th...
Coca-Cola Amatil is poised to spend around A$200m (US$157m) upgrading its production plant in Sydney, Australia....
Cadbury Schweppes has warned that "strong progress" from its drinks business in the Americas is being hit by costs in the UK and Nigeria....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer