US: CCE, Coca-Cola Co. agree Glacéau distribution deal
Coca-Cola Enterprises has signed a distribution deal with The Coca-Cola Co. for its recently acquired Glacéau brands.
The US-based Coca-Cola manufacturer and distributor said today (31 August) that, from the 5 November, it will work with Coca-Cola Bottlers to distribute the Glacéau brands smartwater, vitaminwater, and vitaminenergy across the US.
CCE president and CEO John Brock said: "Our system's recent portfolio expansion, coupled with The Coca-Cola Co.'s commitment to continue to invest in other key categories, most notably the growing and important tea category, leaves us well-positioned to develop the fastest growing still beverage portfolio and achieve our goal of being number one or strong number two in every beverage category in which we choose to compete.
"Given this progress, we have agreed that over the next three years, CCE will focus and commit to building our existing brands and other brands as mutually agreed with The Coca-Cola Co."
The company said it plans to work with Glacéau and Coca-Cola North America for the next 60 days to provide a smooth transition for the new distribution deal. The impact of the Glacéau brands on CCE's 2007 results is not expected to be significant, the company noted.
Coca-Cola's North American business unit president Terry Marks said: "The unique positioning and popularity of the glacéau brands significantly strengthens our health and wellness offerings. With the capability improvements we are making to our go-to-market model in North America, our powerful sales and distribution system is better equipped than ever to capture the opportunities presented by Glacéau."
Coca-Cola Co. president and CEO Muhtar Kent added: "The powerful combination of our Coca-Cola bottling partners and these Glacéau distributors will allow us to continue to accelerate Glacéau's impressive growth well into the future."
Coca-Cola completed the acquisition of Glacéau in June this year. The purchase cost Coca-Cola US$4.1bn.
The Coca-Cola Co. paid around US$1.7m last year on Government lobbying in the US, according to recent records....
The president and COO of the Coca-Cola Co. has been nominated by the soft drinks group's board of directors to stand for election as a director of the company at the Annual Meeting of Shareowners in A...
The Coca-Cola company has secured an extension of its beverage contract with US restaurant chain Wingstop....
The Coca-Cola Company has announced the company's 46th consecutive annual dividend increase, it has said, raising the quarterly dividend 12% from 34 cents to 38 cents per common share....
The Coca-Cola Co. has declared a long term goal to recycle or reuse all of the aluminium beverage cans that it sells in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. has reported a healthy set of results for 2007, with both sales and profits heading north....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has bounced back from 2006's net loss to post profit for last year....
The chairman of Coca-Cola Enterprises has announced his retirement....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages