US: CCE appoints two board additions
Coca-Cola Enterprises has announced the election of two additions to its board of directors.
Thomas Johnson and Curtis Welling joined the board as directors for CCE late last week. Johnson, former chairman and CEO of the international packaging company Chesapeake, will serve on the board's audit, finance and governance committees.
Welling, CEO of the humanitarian aid and crisis relief foundation AmeriCares, will serve on the board's human resources and compensation, affiliated transaction, and corporate responsibility and sustainability committees.
CCE non-executive chairman Lowry Kline said: "We look forward to working with both Tom and Curtis, two individuals who have expertise in several disciplines, from packaging and recycling to investment banking, philanthropy and sustainability. Each of them has extensive international management experience, and their perspectives on and familiarity with the issues that concern our company will be very valuable to our board of directors."
Johnson's term will expire in April 2009, and Welling's term will expire in April 2008.
CCE recently reported a 6.3% fall in first quarter net income, as the soft drinks bottler dealt with restructuring charges and a loss on equity securities.
Last week, the company recorded net income of US$15m on $4.6bn in revenue, compared with net income of $16m on $4.3bn in sales in the first quarter of 2006.
The Coca-Cola Co. has responded to a US court ruling dismissing allegations that it controlled its bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises to maximise profits....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has followed its recent third-quarter results with details of its latest dividend payment....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has posted flat operating income for its third quarter, despite a slight lift in sales....
The Coca-Cola Co. has had a shareholder lawsuit in the US dismissed after it was alleged that it used its control over its bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises in an effort to to maximise profits, according ...
Coca-Cola Enterprises has teamed up with Domino's Pizza to make its sugar-free Coca-Cola Zero brand available in all Domino's stores in the US....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has recruited a senior executive at InBev to head up its European group....
Soft drinks bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has announced the appointment of Julius Pryor III as vice president of global diversity, with effect from 20 September, 2007....
The Coca-Cola Co. has fallen out with a number of smaller Glaceau Vitaminwater distributors over its plans to put 65% of its sales through its own distribution networks across the US, according to rep...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages