UK: CCE and Diageo team up for off-trade drive
On pack activity will feature recipes for "the perfect" Gin & Tonic, Moscow Mule, Pimms & Lemonade and Vodka Russchian, the company said today (18 June).
The recipes will run across Schweppes Tonic, Schweppes Lemonade, Schweppes Canada Dry Ginger Ale and Schweppes Russchian packs.
The campaign will also feature sponsorship of Film 4's 7pm and 9pm movies running throughout 2009.
Price promotions throughout July and August will further support the campaign and includes 'Schweppes Lemonade' 2-litre bottles with a promotional price of GBP1.50 (US$2.45) for two and 'Schweppes' mixers available at a promotional price of GBP1.60 for two.
Ed Knight, head of communications, Coca-Cola Enterprises said: "This year's partnership with Diageo will really drive spirit-mixer sales over the summer with 'Schweppes' alignment with 'Smirnoff' and 'Pimm's' helping attract more 30-something's into the spirit-mixer category whilst 'Gordon's and Schweppes Tonic' will help retain consumers aged 45 plus."
Pernod Ricard and Diageo's pitched battle on the fairways of world golf is hotting up....
Carbonates are coming out of the doldrums, claims Annette Farr. The category has been becalmed for some time. But now, with a party season on the horizon and some upbeat forecasts from analysts, the s...
Alcoholic drinks firms are hoping to avoid a global call for "extreme" legislation to tackle alcohol abuse by outlining the ways industry can help to tackle the problem....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Two senior drinks industry heads have backed the launch of a book by The International Center for Alcohol Policies, calling for the industry to play a strong part in policy and implementation....
Guinness Nigeria, a subsidiary of Diageo, has reported a fall in profits for its fiscal first quarter....
Diageo and subsidiary East African Breweries have transferred distribution of all spirits brands in Tanzania to Serengeti Breweries with immediate effect....
Landmark Scotch Whisky Regulations covering every aspect of the making, bottling, and labelling of Scotch Whisky have come into force today (23 November)....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts