AUS: CCA shows interest in Schweppes
Terry Davis was talking after the company's Annual General Meeting in Sydney where he said, "it would make sense for us to look at that," according to the Australian Association Press.
He said the competitive landscape in the beverage market had changed from a few years ago when the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) knocked back its application to buy the brand in Australia.
"That was before my time," he said. "I'm not sure that our submission was as good as what it would be today."
Davis said there were currently no formal discussions with Cadbury Schweppes about any acquisition.
CCA said at the AGM that its plan for the next three years is to expand its beverage production capacity and operational capability. Davis said the company is in "great shape to respond to changes in market conditions and take full advantage of opportunities that will no doubt arise."
Describing itself as a powerhouse in the Australian FMCG sector, Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is certainly an iconic figure in the Australian drinks industry....
Dr Pepper Snapple has become the latest soft drinks firm to report trouble on the US market, with a decline in third quarter revenue, volumes and earnings....
Danone has agreed a deal to sell its Frucor Australasian drinks division to Japan's Suntory for more than EUR600m, the group has announced....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has announced that Gary Fayard, chief financial officer of The Coca-Cola Company, is to leave the bottling firm's board of directors....
Coca-Cola Hellenic (CCHBC) has appointed from within the Coca-Cola system to fill the newly-created position of deputy CFO....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has started construction of its production and distribution centre in California....
A first round of bidding has taken place for Danone's Frucor drinks division, according to reports....
Coca-Cola Amatil has said it is on-track to meet operating profit growth of 7% for its full-year, following a solid third quarter....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research