AUS: CCA S Korea sale - runners and riders named - report
Coca-Cola Amatil is hoping to recoup A$700m (US$585m) from its South Korean bottling operations.
The Australia-based company closed the book on bids for the business last week. While Goldman Sachs JBWere, enlisted by CCA to assess ownership options for Coca-Cola Korea Bottling Corp., has estimated the value to be between A$400m and A$500m, South Korean media reports have suggested the operations could garner as much as A$1bn.
"The expressions of interest have been at a level sufficient for us to seriously consider the sale, we've also said we won't take a material loss on sale," CCA CEO Terry Davis told Dow Jones yesterday (17 April). "Our line in the sand currently is book value, but we'll see what the competitive process brings."
Local sources have claimed this week that three bids - from SPC, City Venture Capital and Coca-Cola Femsa - have been tabled for the unit. Separate reports, meanwhile, have claimed that Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling has distanced itself from the sale process.
Nik Jhangiani, CFO of CCHBC, was cited by Dow Jones as saying that the company's focus was "built on acquisitions but not necessarily on territorial expansion.
"We focus on operations in territories where we have an existence (in 28 countries), as well as acquisitions in water and juice operations - as has been the case over the past three years," Jhangiani told the news service.
CCA will take a decision on whether to sell the unit next month.
CCA is 32%-owned by The Coca-Cola Co., from which it bought Coca-Cola Korea Bottling in 1998.
Coca Cola FEMSA and the Coca-Cola Co. have launched a tender public offering to buy 100% of the shares of the juice company Jugos del Valle....
Coca-Cola Amatil has ended its discussions with Golden Circle Limited (GCL) about the potential acquisition of GCL after the fruit processor rejected its revised offer in favour of another bid....
Australian fruit processor Golden Circle has rejected a revised takeover bid from Coca-Cola Amatil....
Coca-Cola Amatil has said that The Coca-Cola Co. plans to sell off a portion of its stake in the company to buy into CCA's former South Korean business....
Coca-Cola Amatil is in discussions to take over the fruit processor Golden Circle after making a conditional offer....
Soft drinks bottler Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is test-marketing a flavoured milk product in Western Australia, according to reports....
Foster's Group has claimed victory in a dispute over the Zero trademark in Australia....
Coca-Cola Amatil has moved a step closer to closing the sale of its Korean bottling operations....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets