S KOREA: CCA loses Israeli bidder
Israel's Central Bottling has dropped out of the bidding for Coca-Cola Amatil's South Korean operations.
Central Bottling, which owns the Coca-Cola bottling franchise in Israel, withdrew from the bidding for the South Korean business due to the tight timetable, according to reports.
Earlier in the month, two names surfaced to also be in the running for CCA's South Korean operations.
LG Household & Health Care Co. confirmed last month that it has made a bid for Coca-Cola Korea Bottling Corp. SPC Group in South Korea threw its hat into the ring late last month.
Local reports have also suggested that CVC, Coca-Cola_FEMSA and Woongjin Capital are also interested in acquiring the unit.
While Goldman Sachs JBWere, enlisted by CCA to assess ownership options for the South Korean business, has estimated the value to be between A$400m (US$332m) and A$500m, South Korean media reports have suggested the operations could garner as much as A$1bn.
CCA will take a decision on whether to sell the unit later in the month.
Soft drinks bottler Coca-Cola Bottling Co. has reported net income of US$5.3m, or $0.58 per share, for the third quarter, up from $4.9m, or $0.54 per share, in the same period last year....
Coca-Cola Amatil has completed the sale of its South Korean bottling operations to LG Household & Health Care....
Coca-Cola Amatil has ended its discussions with Golden Circle Limited (GCL) about the potential acquisition of GCL after the fruit processor rejected its revised offer in favour of another bid....
Australian fruit processor Golden Circle has rejected a revised takeover bid from Coca-Cola Amatil....
Coca-Cola Amatil has said that The Coca-Cola Co. plans to sell off a portion of its stake in the company to buy into CCA's former South Korean business....
Coca-Cola Amatil is in discussions to take over the fruit processor Golden Circle after making a conditional offer....
Soft drinks bottler Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is test-marketing a flavoured milk product in Western Australia, according to reports....
The Coca-Cola Bottling Company has lodged a protest with the State of Illinois over the awarding of a drinks deal to PepsiAmericas in the state....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020