US: CCA drives growth with product development
Coca Cola Amatil (CCA) has disclosed its first major product from its partnership with Maxxium. Australia's largest soft drinks group said yesterday (9 August) that its new alcoholic beverage, Jim Beam & Zero, will be launched in Australia next month.
The company has also said that, due to current trading conditions, it expects to deliver high digit growth for the second half of the year.
Yesterday, CCA posted record net profit after tax for the half-year, with Australia and New Zealand performing strongly and Indonesia demonstrating a continuing recovery for the group.
The company said that net profit after tax and before exceptional items reached A$160.9m (US$137.6m), an increase of 10.7% over the first half of 2006. EBIT growth before significant items also set a record, increasing by $33.3m or 13.3% to $284.5m.
CCA managing director Terry Davis told local media that the company's "strong first half performance continues to bode well for the overall strength of our business model and delivery of our core promise, and that is to provide premium brands to our customers."
The company said it plans to launch a new Power Aid campaign to coincide with the 2007 Rugby World Cup, as well as taking a more eco-friendly focus in the second half of this year, and measuring its carbon footprint.
Coke's choice of Muhtar Kent as its next CEO ensures a smooth transition from Neville Isdell, and has gone down well with the company's bottling partners. But while the promotion of a chief operating ...
Constellation's US$885m purchase of Fortune Brands' wine portfolio further adds to the acquisitive US company's impressive line-up. Chris Losh believes the deal makes perfect sense for Constellation, ...
Coca-Cola Amatil has completed a A$170m (US$151.1m) share buy-back transaction....
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to buy a stake in recently renamed Coca-Cola Beverage Co. in South Korea, according to a recent filing....
The Coca-Cola Co. is not planning to find a replacement chief operating officer following last week's reshuffle announcement....
The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co. is set to stand down next year....
Pacific Beverages, the joint venture between SABMiller and Coca-Cola Amatil, has acquired a brewer in Australia....
Coca-Cola Amatil has upped its profit forecast for the second half of this year....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014