UK: C&C sponsors Paramount
C&C is increasing the presence of its Magners cider brand on the UK comedy scene.
The company announced today (16 April) that is to become the headline sponsor for stand-up comedy output on the Paramount Comedy television channel. The Magners sponsorship will cover all stand-up content on Paramount Comedy 1, a series of stand-up events around the UK and Ireland and a dedicated micro site on the channel's website.
In addition, Magners will be the headline sponsor for a series of four major tours and events around the UK, which includes Paramount's presence at the Edinburgh Festival.
Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
"We already sponsor comedy festivals in Dublin and Glasgow so this gives us a great opportunity to continue an already successful formula," said Stephen Kent, brand director at Magners. "Paramount Comedy is the perfect platform for us to interact with our consumers and further associate Magners with occasions that involve enjoyable and easy sociability."
The sponsorship starts with immediate effect, with the first event set for this summer.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban