UK: C&C sponsors Paramount
C&C is increasing the presence of its Magners cider brand on the UK comedy scene.
The company announced today (16 April) that is to become the headline sponsor for stand-up comedy output on the Paramount Comedy television channel. The Magners sponsorship will cover all stand-up content on Paramount Comedy 1, a series of stand-up events around the UK and Ireland and a dedicated micro site on the channel's website.
In addition, Magners will be the headline sponsor for a series of four major tours and events around the UK, which includes Paramount's presence at the Edinburgh Festival.
Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
"We already sponsor comedy festivals in Dublin and Glasgow so this gives us a great opportunity to continue an already successful formula," said Stephen Kent, brand director at Magners. "Paramount Comedy is the perfect platform for us to interact with our consumers and further associate Magners with occasions that involve enjoyable and easy sociability."
The sponsorship starts with immediate effect, with the first event set for this summer.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- The global tailwinds behind Heineken - Analysis
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends