UK: C&C sponsors Paramount
C&C is increasing the presence of its Magners cider brand on the UK comedy scene.
The company announced today (16 April) that is to become the headline sponsor for stand-up comedy output on the Paramount Comedy television channel. The Magners sponsorship will cover all stand-up content on Paramount Comedy 1, a series of stand-up events around the UK and Ireland and a dedicated micro site on the channel's website.
In addition, Magners will be the headline sponsor for a series of four major tours and events around the UK, which includes Paramount's presence at the Edinburgh Festival.
Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
"We already sponsor comedy festivals in Dublin and Glasgow so this gives us a great opportunity to continue an already successful formula," said Stephen Kent, brand director at Magners. "Paramount Comedy is the perfect platform for us to interact with our consumers and further associate Magners with occasions that involve enjoyable and easy sociability."
The sponsorship starts with immediate effect, with the first event set for this summer.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research