UK: C&C sponsors Paramount
C&C is increasing the presence of its Magners cider brand on the UK comedy scene.
The company announced today (16 April) that is to become the headline sponsor for stand-up comedy output on the Paramount Comedy television channel. The Magners sponsorship will cover all stand-up content on Paramount Comedy 1, a series of stand-up events around the UK and Ireland and a dedicated micro site on the channel's website.
In addition, Magners will be the headline sponsor for a series of four major tours and events around the UK, which includes Paramount's presence at the Edinburgh Festival.
Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
"We already sponsor comedy festivals in Dublin and Glasgow so this gives us a great opportunity to continue an already successful formula," said Stephen Kent, brand director at Magners. "Paramount Comedy is the perfect platform for us to interact with our consumers and further associate Magners with occasions that involve enjoyable and easy sociability."
The sponsorship starts with immediate effect, with the first event set for this summer.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages