UK: C&C sponsors Paramount
C&C is increasing the presence of its Magners cider brand on the UK comedy scene.
The company announced today (16 April) that is to become the headline sponsor for stand-up comedy output on the Paramount Comedy television channel. The Magners sponsorship will cover all stand-up content on Paramount Comedy 1, a series of stand-up events around the UK and Ireland and a dedicated micro site on the channel's website.
In addition, Magners will be the headline sponsor for a series of four major tours and events around the UK, which includes Paramount's presence at the Edinburgh Festival.
Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
"We already sponsor comedy festivals in Dublin and Glasgow so this gives us a great opportunity to continue an already successful formula," said Stephen Kent, brand director at Magners. "Paramount Comedy is the perfect platform for us to interact with our consumers and further associate Magners with occasions that involve enjoyable and easy sociability."
The sponsorship starts with immediate effect, with the first event set for this summer.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Remy signs new three-year Russia deal with Roust
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report