IRELAND: C&C secures Magners rugby deal
C&C Group's flagship cider brand Magners has secured a two-year sponsorship of rugby's Celtic League, a tournament played between clubs from Scotland, Wales and Ireland.
The deal means that the tournament will reportedly see its name changed to the Magners League for the 2006/07 and 2007/08 seasons.
Maurice Breen, Magners' marketing director, said: "We have an exciting vision for the future of the Magners League and we see this complementing our ambition in the UK and Ireland."
The Magners sponsorship will support the national roll-out of the cider brand across the UK. Magners has this year been pushed across the UK after initial successful launches in London last summer and in Scotland in 2004.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends