IRELAND: C&C secures Magners rugby deal
C&C Group's flagship cider brand Magners has secured a two-year sponsorship of rugby's Celtic League, a tournament played between clubs from Scotland, Wales and Ireland.
The deal means that the tournament will reportedly see its name changed to the Magners League for the 2006/07 and 2007/08 seasons.
Maurice Breen, Magners' marketing director, said: "We have an exciting vision for the future of the Magners League and we see this complementing our ambition in the UK and Ireland."
The Magners sponsorship will support the national roll-out of the cider brand across the UK. Magners has this year been pushed across the UK after initial successful launches in London last summer and in Scotland in 2004.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director