UK: C&C remains coy over Magners expansion plans
C&C Group has declined to comment further on reports claiming that it is looking to expand its Magners cider brand to the Nordic markets.
Speaking after the company's annual general meeting in Dublin yesterday (1 September), group CEO John Dunsmore said the company was looking specifically at Sweden and Finland as market for growth within the next three years, according to reports.
A spokesperson for the company however, told just-drinks today that the two countries were both "natural" places to look, but dismissed any immediate plans.
"Finland is a big cider market and it seems a logical place to expand, but the company has just bought Tennent's and it has a lot on its hands to deal with," the spokesperson said. "There are no immediate plans."
When asked about possible expansion plans in the US, with the possibility of introducing more cider-related products, the spokesperson said it was "looking at lots of options".
For Ireland-based C&C Group, the deal represents a significant broadening of its portfolio, injecting a fresh revenue stream amid ongoing difficulties in the firm's core cider business.
Brazil's Government has criticised a beer advert for Grupo Schincariol, featuring Paris Hilton, for being too sexually provocative, according to reports....
C&C Group, the Magners cider and Tennent's lager brand owner, has appointed former Scottish & Newcastle chairman Sir Brian Stewart as its non-executive chairman....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has declined to comment on reports that it is in talks to refinance a loan related to InBev's US$52bn takeover of Anheuser-Busch....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts