IRELAND: C&C nails down global distribution
C&C Group has finally secured international distribution for its drinks portfolio.
The Irish group has been looking for distributors since Pernod Ricard's takeover of Allied Domecq in July and had signalled it would announce fresh deals by October. Allied had previously distributed the C&C stable, which includes Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey and Magners cider.
Alan Lewis, senior vice-president, general manager of C&C International said: "C&C's strategy of finding the best distributor for every market tied in with Skyy looking to broaden its portfolio through third party relationships."
Gerard Ruvo, president and CEO of Skyy Spirits said C&C's brand would add "rich heritage" to the group's portfolio. "These Irish brands will allow us to continue down a path of marketing and selling quality brands with innovation and style while maximising profit for our partners," he added.
Under the same deal, Italian drinks giant Campari will distribute C&C's brands in Brazil and through its joint ventures in the Benelux.
C&C signed a similar agreement with Maxxium Worldwide for the UK, Germany - covering Tullamore Dew only - and Bulgaria.
C&C chief executive Maurice Pratt said: "We have succeeded in our objective to secure leading distributors in each of our markets and we look forward to working with our new partners to drive continued growth of our international spirits and liqueur brands."
The company added that it had appointed "strong, independently-owned local distributors" in its other export markets.
The agreements will come into force when C&C's contracts with Allied expire in January. C&C had distributed Allied's portfolio in Ireland but added that agreement would come to an end on 1 February.
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
Citigroup Smith Barney has initiated coverage of Davide Campari-Milano....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
The Pernod Ricard brand Jacob's Creek is launching its Riesling varietal on the US market this June....
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
Skyy Spirits, LLC, announced yesterday that former vice-president of sales Gerard (Gerry) Ruvo has accepted the position of president and CEO....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US