UK: C&C launches rugby-themed ad campaign for Magners
C&C has lined up a new advertising campaign in the UK for its Irish premium cider brand Magners.
In order to coincide with the Rugby World Cup, the ad - called Orchard Charge - has a rugby theme, depicting Magners workers playing rugby in its orchards in County Tipperary. The ad, which will run during the autumn, features actual Magners employees and players from the local rugby club, the company said yesterday (11 September).
The campaign will run nationally across the ITV network during the Rugby World Cup, and will be supported by online advertising, using national newspaper websites, as well as outdoor posters in Wales and Scotland.
"This campaign builds on Magners' strong association with rugby at a key time of year for the sport," said Maurice Breen, marketing director for Bulmers and Magners at C&C. "We have invested substantially in rugby both with individual teams and through the Magners League, so this new advertising campaign has a synergy with our commitment to the sport as well as the busy autumn rugby calendar."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends