UK: C&C launches rugby-themed ad campaign for Magners
C&C has lined up a new advertising campaign in the UK for its Irish premium cider brand Magners.
In order to coincide with the Rugby World Cup, the ad - called Orchard Charge - has a rugby theme, depicting Magners workers playing rugby in its orchards in County Tipperary. The ad, which will run during the autumn, features actual Magners employees and players from the local rugby club, the company said yesterday (11 September).
The campaign will run nationally across the ITV network during the Rugby World Cup, and will be supported by online advertising, using national newspaper websites, as well as outdoor posters in Wales and Scotland.
"This campaign builds on Magners' strong association with rugby at a key time of year for the sport," said Maurice Breen, marketing director for Bulmers and Magners at C&C. "We have invested substantially in rugby both with individual teams and through the Magners League, so this new advertising campaign has a synergy with our commitment to the sport as well as the busy autumn rugby calendar."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages