C&C Group's Pabst distribution tie-up begins
C&C Group first unveiled its distribution tie-up with Pabst earlier this year
C&C Group has started distribution of Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) beer in the UK & Ireland.
The Ireland-based firm said today that PBR beer sits "comfortable beside both craft and conventional lagers". The company will have exclusive distribution rights in the UK & Irish markets.
The deal, first announced earlier this year, follows a 2015 agreement that saw Pabst take the distribution rights to C&C's cider brands in the US. C&C had previously handled its US operations in-house.
A spokesperson for C&C told just-drinks that Small Town Brewery's Not Your Father's Root Beer will be included in this tie-up, though a timescale was yet to be announced. The hard soda company's plan to launch outside of the US was revealed in March.
"PBR is an American classic - but it's never felt more current than now," said C&C marketing director Paul Condron. "Bringing a taste of the States to the UK and Ireland is exciting, particularly when it's a brand that's so iconic and individualistic. From a business perspective, there's a choice of formats for customers, and the benefit of some very different and engaging marketing that's yielded such great results in Pabst's home country."
Distribution will begin with draught (30-litre kegs) and can (355ml /12oz) format, followed by glass bottles (355ml /12oz).
In June, C&C agreed a distribution deal for Magners in Taiwan as it continues to strengthen the cider's global footprint.
This week, the winners of this year's International Brewing & Cider Awards were announced. Here is the list of gold, silver and bronze winners....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research