C&C Group’s Blackthorn Dark Fruit, Super Cider - Product Launch
C&C Group’s Blackthorn Super Cider
C&C Group's Blackthorn Dark Fruit, Super Cider
Category - Cider
Available - From this month
Location - UK, off-premise
Price - See below
C&C Group has lined up the launch of two extensions of the Blackthorn cider brand in the UK off-premise. Blackthorn Dark Fruit and Blackthorn Super will roll out in the country's impulse channel later this month.
Blackthorn Dark Fruit is blackcurrant- & blackberry-flavoured and has an abv of 4%. Blackthorn Super, meanwhile, carries an abv of 7.5%.
Amy Burns, marketing manager at C&C Brands, said: "With Blackthorn Dark Fruit and Blackthorn Super we are enriching parts of the cider category that have retailers looking for credible alternatives to the current options."
- Blackthorn Super will have an RSP of GBP0.99 (US$1.30) per 50cl can
- Blackthorn Dark Fruit will have an RSP of GBP5.29 per four-pack of 50cl cans
C&C Group inherited the Blackthorn brand when it acquired The Gaymer Cider Co from Constellation Brands in late-2009.
Blackthorn has launched two exciting new variants in the Impulse channel from September 2016. With new Blackthorn Dark Fruit (ABV 4%) and Blackthorn Super (ABV 7.5%), the brand is extending its range into new sub categories of a vibrant cider market.
Blackthorn Dark Fruit (ABV 4%) has the rich flavours of dark, ripe blackcurrants and blackberries, expertly blended to give a deep fruity flavour and will be available on-shelf from September. Blackthorn Super (ABV 7.5%) has a distinctive and unforgettable medium-dry taste, blending bittersweet cider apples for a crisp flavour.
Amy Burns, Marketing Manager at C&C Brands commented, "Blackthorn is a brand recognised for its quality and good value, and we are excited to be expanding the range into new sub-categories.
"We know that there is always great interest in new products in the cider market. With Blackthorn Dark Fruit and Blackthorn Super we are enriching parts of the cider category that have retailers looking for credible alternatives to the current options."
"The dark fruit sub category is currently worth £28m to the impulse channel (Nielsen Scantrack off trade 13/8/16), and now commands 8 per cent value and 6 per cent volume of the category, giving us the perfect platform to introduce Blackthorn Dark Fruit to this growth segment."
The new products will become available during September across all major wholesalers and convenience retailers.
Blackthorn Super (ABV 7.5%) will be available in 24x500ml PMP pack format, R.S.P: £0.99
Blackthorn Dark Fruit (ABV 4%) will be available in 6x4x500ml PMP pack format, R.S.P: £5.29
Blackthorn was developed by an expert team of Somerset Master Cider Makers, tasked with crafting a cider to beat all others. Blackthorn is made using a secret blend of bittersweet cider apples, delivering a distinctive and unforgettable medium-dry taste that remains true to its Somerset roots.
Blackthorn is one of the country's best known and widely drunk ciders and is considered a West Country legend - a proper cider with a distinctive and unforgettable dry taste.
Original source: Company Release
Top Trends in Alcoholic Drinks; Exploring the beer, cider, spirits, and wine categories
The alcoholic drinks categories continue to evolve, driven by consumers' desire to unwind and enjoy the free time they have at the end of a hectic day or week. This report shows how consumers are driv...read more
The managing director of Westons has been appointed the new chairperson of the UK's National Association of Cider Makers (NACM)....
SPI Group has handed a Travel Retail launch to its gluten-free Stolichnaya a few months after the vodka debuted in the domestic US channel....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends