C&C Group ups Magners focus in Thailand with distribution switch
C&C Group said Thailand was one of Magners' biggest Asian markets
C&C Group has switched distribution partners for Magners in Thailand, dropping a previous agreement for a tie-up with San Miguel Brewery.
The company said this week the new deal will help it ramp up its distribution for Magners in one of the largest markets in Asia for the cider brand. C&C Group previously partnered with Mini Bar Services in Thailand.
Joris Brams, MD of C&C Group's international division, said: "We have the international market firmly in our sights and are delighted to be working in partnership with San Miguel, strengthening our international relationships even further. This collaboration allows us to bolster both our sales and brand exposure, and drive forward our international expansion programme."
San Miguel distributes and produces a range of its own brands from its factory north of Bangkok, including San Miguel Pale Pilsen, San Mig Light, San Miguel Cerveza Negra and Kirin Ichiban Shibori. A C&C Group spokesperson said Magners will be imported into Thailand from Ireland as in all of its export markets.
This year, C&C Group announced it was closing its cider factories in Ireland and the UK and consolidating production in Clonmel, Tipperary because of competitive pressures in the company's domestic markets. The closures are expected to cost 180 jobs.
C&C Group's Scottish unit is rolling out new Tennent's Lager bar pumps after they lifted sales by 4% in a trail-run....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research