IRELAND: C&C Group unveils latest Magners advert
C&C Group has unveiled the latest part of its Magners Pear marketing campaign in the UK, with the launch of a seasonal TV advert.
Adopting a 'holiday' theme, the advert features comedian Mark Watson, who has appeared in all previous Magners Pear ads since the brand's launch earlier this year.
The concept, the company said today (20 July), follows that of previous adverts - disappointments that you encounter on a day-to-day basis.
"We are all obviously delighted that the brand has been adopted so quickly. Feedback from consumers has been extremely positive and encouraging for the rest of the summer season. We've had the added bonus of hot weather, which is perfect for our brand," said Paul Bartlett, marketing director for Magners Irish Cider.
"We hope that this (advert) will help to drive footfall into trade as consumers seek out the new product."
Last week, shares in C&C Group dived after the cider group said it wrongly reported a 3% rise in net sales for the first four months of its fiscal year, when sales actually fell by 5%. Cider sales fell by 6% on a constant currency basis, the group said, after claiming that sales were up 3%.
The mistake indicates that C&C Group has failed to halt almost two years of consistent sales decline in its cider division.
Foster's Group will significantly raise its spend on Victoria Bitter in 2010 as part of a three-year plan to adapt the iconic brand to a rapidly changing Australian beer market....
C&C Group has reported another fall in cider sales for its fiscal third quarter, but the Magners owner remains hopeful of stemming a volume rot after a strong Christmas period in the UK....
C&C Group has significantly expanded its UK cider portfolio by completing the acquisition of Gaymer Cider Co from Constellation Europe....
Early signs suggest cider has shared in a buoyant Christmas trading period for several drinks producers and retailers in the UK, with Aspall joining Magners' owner, C&C Group, in reporting a rise in s...
Pernod Ricard has reported a 3% drop in like-for-like sales for its fiscal half-year....
Diageo's growth model remains intact and the drinks giant is set for steady growth in 2010, according to one analyst....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research