UK: C&C Group, Tradeteam extend distribution alliance
C&C Group has extended its distribution agreement with Tradeteam in Northern Ireland to cover its full portfolio of brands.
The Ireland-based company, which owns the Magners cider brand, said yesterday (26 April) that Tradeteam will handle its products in Northern Ireland from the beginning of this week. Tradeteam, which is part of logistics group DHL, had previously been distributing the Tennent's beer brand in Northern Ireland for C&C since it acquired the lager from Anheuser-Busch InBev last year.
The agreement, which runs for five years, will see Tradeteam amalgamate C&C’s products into one central distribution platform. The additional volume is set to almost double the size of Tradeteam’s operations in Northern Ireland, and could lead to new job opportunities at its Culcavy distribution centre, the logistics provider said.
“We have enjoyed a strong working relationship, post the acquisition of the Tennent’s business, with Tradeteam,” a spokesperson for C&C said. “This ... deal offers both businesses the opportunity to demonstrate enhanced customer service and cost efficiencies, allowing us to accelerate our branded business growth in Northern Ireland.”
Tradeteam's other drinks customers in the UK include Molson Coors and A-B Inbev.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report