UK: C&C Group, Tradeteam extend distribution alliance
C&C Group has extended its distribution agreement with Tradeteam in Northern Ireland to cover its full portfolio of brands.
The Ireland-based company, which owns the Magners cider brand, said yesterday (26 April) that Tradeteam will handle its products in Northern Ireland from the beginning of this week. Tradeteam, which is part of logistics group DHL, had previously been distributing the Tennent's beer brand in Northern Ireland for C&C since it acquired the lager from Anheuser-Busch InBev last year.
The agreement, which runs for five years, will see Tradeteam amalgamate C&C’s products into one central distribution platform. The additional volume is set to almost double the size of Tradeteam’s operations in Northern Ireland, and could lead to new job opportunities at its Culcavy distribution centre, the logistics provider said.
“We have enjoyed a strong working relationship, post the acquisition of the Tennent’s business, with Tradeteam,” a spokesperson for C&C said. “This ... deal offers both businesses the opportunity to demonstrate enhanced customer service and cost efficiencies, allowing us to accelerate our branded business growth in Northern Ireland.”
Tradeteam's other drinks customers in the UK include Molson Coors and A-B Inbev.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends