UK: C&C Group to invest US$1.6m in cider mill
C&C Group makes Gaymers and Addlestones at the Shepton Mallet mill
C&C Group is to invest GBP1m (US$1.6m) in its Somerset cider mill to improve sustainability at the 242-year-old site.
The money will help fund new orchards at Shepton Mallet as well as initiatives such as creating bio-fuels from apple waste, C&C Group said. Growers will also offer their own ideas about what schemes to fund.
“We are investing in sustainable fruit production for decades to come, with our experts supporting advances in orcharding practice to benefit our growers and the whole industry,” Shepton Mallet GM Paolo Mortarotti said.
The Shepton mill, which was built in 1770, produces C&C cider brands including Gaymers and Addlestones.
Last month, fellow English cider maker Westons bought the rights to cult cider Gold Label from Heineken for an undisclosed sum.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report