IRELAND: C&C Group targets Woodchuck growth as US lags
C&C has seen Woodchuck volumes fall
C&C Group has said its US market remains “weak” as the company ramps up investment in the underperforming Woodchuck cider brand.
The company reported in May that fiscal full-year volumes for Woodchuck fell by 1%, while depletions slipped by 6%. C&C, which acquired Woodchuck producer Vermont Hard Cider Co in March last year, blamed increasing competition in the market.
In an interim statement today (3 July) covering the first four months of the fiscal year, C&C described its US market as “weak but broadly in line with internal expectations”. The company said a new marketing campaign and packaging for Woodchuck was launched in the Great Lakes region on 1 June, while a new cidery is scheduled to open on 23 August.
C&C's International MD, Joris Brams, told just-drinks in May that he wants Woodchuck to attract US craft beer consumers and intends to use marketing tools such as social media as opposed to traditional forms of advertising.
In today's statement, C&C also said the trading environment for cider in England and Wales is still “challenging” but “is now less relevant to the group’s economics”.
“Some progress (in the region) has been made towards stabilisation of our brands and earnings in the first four months,” the company added.
Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning- Understand which channels and products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years. Know the share of...
Canadean's "C&C Group plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a co...
Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and se...
Canadean's "Sligro Food Group N.V. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company o...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research