IRELAND: C&C Group targets export markets with board additions
C&C Group has added two non-executive directors to its board as it looks to bring “international market expertise” on-board.
The company, which owns the Magners cider and Tennent's beer brands, said earlier today (17 April) that Stewart Gilliland and Tony Smurfit have joined the board with immediate effect.
Gilliland was CEO of multinational dairy products producer Müller Dairy (UK) between 2006 and 2010, prior to which he held several international roles with Interbrew, which is today known as Anheuser-Busch InBev. He is a non-executive director of Booker Group, Vianet Group and Sutton & East Surrey Water.
Smurfit, meanwhile, is president & COO of paper-based packaging manufacturer Smurfit Kappa Group. He was previously chief executive of Smurfit Europe, SKG’s largest division, from 1999 to 2002.
“Tony and Stewart bring valuable international market expertise to the C&C board at a time when the group continues to focus on the growth and development of its international business,” said company chairman Brian Stewart.
The Irish-based firm now has seven non-exec directors on its board.
Richard Corbett believes he has found a consumer segment that is ripe for growth in the stagnant markets for soft drinks producers....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research