UK: C&C Group sets up on-trade wine unit
C&C has established a wine distribution unit
C&C Group has launched a new division to manage its UK on-trade wine portfolio.
The new unit, International Wine Services (IWS), will handle the group's Oliver & Greg's range, which it acquired the rights to this year from collapsed drinks wholesaler Waverley TBS. The IWS portfolio features eight other brands, including Trulli Pinot Grigio from Italy and the Moondarra Australian Chardonnay.
"We are really excited to have such a well-known and successful brand as Oliver & Greg’s to bring to retailers, who are already reacting enthusiastically to this development by the C&C Group,” said Shaun Goode, IWS' commercial director.
The full range will be supplied either directly to existing on-trade Tennent’s customers in Scotland and Northern Ireland, or via wholesalers in England, Scotland and Wales, the Magners cider producer said.
The UK division of Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed to just-drinks that it will not renew Budweiser's sponsorship of The FA Cup football tournament in the country....
Beam Inc has launched a global campaign for its Teacher's Scotch whisky brand that includes lines from Rudyard Kipling's poem "If"....
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India