US/UK: C&C Group lands Vermont Hard Cider Company
C&C Group wants to strengthen overseas sales
C&C Group has completed the purchase of Vermont Hard Cider Company as it looks to triple its international business in four years.
The US$305m deal, first announced in October, sees the group take over Vermont Hard Cider's Woodchuck brand, the top-selling hard cider brand in the US, C&C said on 24 December. The group's CEO, Stephen Glancey, said last month: “We welcome Vermont Hard Cider's management and employees to the C&C Group and are excited about the opportunities presented by Vermont Hard Cider specifically and a rapidly growing US cider category generally.”
Earlier last month, C&C Group said it wants to grow its international earnings to a fifth of the group's total. The group is also in the process of acquiring Irish drinks firm Gleeson.
In a recently-published global briefing 'Diageo in Spirits', Euromonitor International's senior alcoholic drinks analyst Jeremy Cunnington takes a look at what are the challenges facing Diageo in spi...
Japanese businessman Amane Nakashima has acquired a majority stake in the parent company of French wine retailer and trader Legrand Filles et Fils....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research