US/UK: C&C Group lands Vermont Hard Cider Company
C&C Group wants to strengthen overseas sales
C&C Group has completed the purchase of Vermont Hard Cider Company as it looks to triple its international business in four years.
The US$305m deal, first announced in October, sees the group take over Vermont Hard Cider's Woodchuck brand, the top-selling hard cider brand in the US, C&C said on 24 December. The group's CEO, Stephen Glancey, said last month: “We welcome Vermont Hard Cider's management and employees to the C&C Group and are excited about the opportunities presented by Vermont Hard Cider specifically and a rapidly growing US cider category generally.”
Earlier last month, C&C Group said it wants to grow its international earnings to a fifth of the group's total. The group is also in the process of acquiring Irish drinks firm Gleeson.
In a recently-published global briefing 'Diageo in Spirits', Euromonitor International's senior alcoholic drinks analyst Jeremy Cunnington takes a look at what are the challenges facing Diageo in spi...
Japanese businessman Amane Nakashima has acquired a majority stake in the parent company of French wine retailer and trader Legrand Filles et Fils....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015