US/UK: C&C Group lands Vermont Hard Cider Company
C&C Group wants to strengthen overseas sales
C&C Group has completed the purchase of Vermont Hard Cider Company as it looks to triple its international business in four years.
The US$305m deal, first announced in October, sees the group take over Vermont Hard Cider's Woodchuck brand, the top-selling hard cider brand in the US, C&C said on 24 December. The group's CEO, Stephen Glancey, said last month: “We welcome Vermont Hard Cider's management and employees to the C&C Group and are excited about the opportunities presented by Vermont Hard Cider specifically and a rapidly growing US cider category generally.”
Earlier last month, C&C Group said it wants to grow its international earnings to a fifth of the group's total. The group is also in the process of acquiring Irish drinks firm Gleeson.
In a recently-published global briefing 'Diageo in Spirits', Euromonitor International's senior alcoholic drinks analyst Jeremy Cunnington takes a look at what are the challenges facing Diageo in spi...
The Wine Group Inc’s Underdog Wine & Spirits division will likely be at the centre of the company’s growth over the forecast period, with its innovative brands such as Cupcake, Fish Eye and flipflop t...
Polyana Ukraina Grup VAT is going to concentrate on expanding its product portfolio and improving service in its existing stores, slowing its expansion rate....
Spar has historically been perceived as a lower-priced option. With the continued opening of new stores and the refurbishment of its existing outlets, Spar is trying to shift consumers’ perception fro...
The Hain Celestial Group recently increased the scale of its operations via a number of acquisitions within other categories in food, drink and personal care products. Although the company’s flagship ...
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"