GLOBAL: C&C Group gives K Cider packaging overhaul
C&C Group will roll out the new-look K Cider packaging this month
C&C Group has revamped the packaging for its K Cider brand in an attempt to “enhance” its “premium positioning”.
The company, which owns the 8.4% abv brand through its Shepton Mallet Cider Mill unit, said earlier today (1 July) that the update will take effect this month. The move coincides with the introduction of a 33cl can format in K's main market, the UK.
“In a sector dominated by loud branding and vivid colour, K is unique with its subtler, more refined appearance,” the company said. The new look reflects (the cider's) positioning for premium drinking occasions, whilst ensuring superior standout on shelf.”
The update will be backed by “significant” investment in POS. K is sold predominantly in the UK and only occasionally is it sold in some markets in Asia and Eastern Europe.
C&C, which also owns the Magners and Addlestones cider brands, has struggled in the UK as multinational brewers have looked to enter the category in recent years. In its most recent full-year results, the company reported a 15% fall in cider sales in the country.
Sectors: Beer & cider
Canadean's "Hop Hing Group Holdings Limited - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major pr...
Canadean's "Southern Packaging Group Limited - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major p...
Wahaha faces a slowdown in growth because the size of its product range limits the resources available to support each brand. The company plans to reduce the pace of portfolio expansion over the forec...
Containers and packaging products can be manufactured using a number of raw materials such as metal, plastic, paper, glass, and fiber. The Global Containers and Packaging market comprises of products ...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends