GLOBAL: C&C Group gives K Cider packaging overhaul
C&C Group will roll out the new-look K Cider packaging this month
C&C Group has revamped the packaging for its K Cider brand in an attempt to “enhance” its “premium positioning”.
The company, which owns the 8.4% abv brand through its Shepton Mallet Cider Mill unit, said earlier today (1 July) that the update will take effect this month. The move coincides with the introduction of a 33cl can format in K's main market, the UK.
“In a sector dominated by loud branding and vivid colour, K is unique with its subtler, more refined appearance,” the company said. The new look reflects (the cider's) positioning for premium drinking occasions, whilst ensuring superior standout on shelf.”
The update will be backed by “significant” investment in POS. K is sold predominantly in the UK and only occasionally is it sold in some markets in Asia and Eastern Europe.
C&C, which also owns the Magners and Addlestones cider brands, has struggled in the UK as multinational brewers have looked to enter the category in recent years. In its most recent full-year results, the company reported a 15% fall in cider sales in the country.
Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning- Understand which channels and products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years. Know the share of...
Canadean's "C&C Group plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a co...
Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and se...
Canadean's "Sligro Food Group N.V. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company o...
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research