IRELAND: C&C Group gets green light for Gleeson Group deal
C&C Group is set to complete the deal, first announced in November
C&C Group's EUR12.4m (US$16m) acquisition of the Gleeson Group is set to go ahead as the Irish Competition Authority has given the green light for the deal.
In a statement today (27 February), the Magners producer said it has received clearance and will now proceed with the takeover of the Irish firm. The deal was first announced in November, when the two companies reached an agreement.
Gleeson is the largest distributor of packaged long alcoholic drinks (LADs) to Ireland's on-trade. It acts as agent for a number of beer, wine and spirits brands and produces Finches soft drinks and Tipperary mineral water.
The company is also a supplier of PET bottles and has 11 distribution depots across Ireland.
This month, Richard Corbett looks at the juice category and its recent struggles in Western Europe. How does the future look for juice in the region?...
As SPI Group looks to weather a boycott of Stolichnaya in the US, Chris Mercer considers what steps a drinks company should take if - or when - a crisis hits....
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research