IRELAND: C&C Group gets green light for Gleeson Group deal
C&C Group is set to complete the deal, first announced in November
C&C Group's EUR12.4m (US$16m) acquisition of the Gleeson Group is set to go ahead as the Irish Competition Authority has given the green light for the deal.
In a statement today (27 February), the Magners producer said it has received clearance and will now proceed with the takeover of the Irish firm. The deal was first announced in November, when the two companies reached an agreement.
Gleeson is the largest distributor of packaged long alcoholic drinks (LADs) to Ireland's on-trade. It acts as agent for a number of beer, wine and spirits brands and produces Finches soft drinks and Tipperary mineral water.
The company is also a supplier of PET bottles and has 11 distribution depots across Ireland.
This month, Richard Corbett looks at the juice category and its recent struggles in Western Europe. How does the future look for juice in the region?...
The Hain Celestial Group recently increased the scale of its operations via a number of acquisitions within other categories in food, drink and personal care products. Although the company’s flagship ...
As SPI Group looks to weather a boycott of Stolichnaya in the US, Chris Mercer considers what steps a drinks company should take if - or when - a crisis hits....
The priority strategic direction of Victoria-Group OAO is strengthening its market position regionally and further expansion of the retail chain in Russia. The company also aims to enter new format of...
TCT Group aims to become one of strongest and most active companies in Vietnam, with a presence in retailing, investment and construction. A pioneer in Vietnam’s supermarkets, TCT will continue to exp...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research