IRELAND: C&C Group gets green light for Gleeson Group deal
C&C Group is set to complete the deal, first announced in November
C&C Group's EUR12.4m (US$16m) acquisition of the Gleeson Group is set to go ahead as the Irish Competition Authority has given the green light for the deal.
In a statement today (27 February), the Magners producer said it has received clearance and will now proceed with the takeover of the Irish firm. The deal was first announced in November, when the two companies reached an agreement.
Gleeson is the largest distributor of packaged long alcoholic drinks (LADs) to Ireland's on-trade. It acts as agent for a number of beer, wine and spirits brands and produces Finches soft drinks and Tipperary mineral water.
The company is also a supplier of PET bottles and has 11 distribution depots across Ireland.
This month, Richard Corbett looks at the juice category and its recent struggles in Western Europe. How does the future look for juice in the region?...
As SPI Group looks to weather a boycott of Stolichnaya in the US, Chris Mercer considers what steps a drinks company should take if - or when - a crisis hits....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015