IRELAND: C&C Group gets green light for Gleeson Group deal
C&C Group is set to complete the deal, first announced in November
C&C Group's EUR12.4m (US$16m) acquisition of the Gleeson Group is set to go ahead as the Irish Competition Authority has given the green light for the deal.
In a statement today (27 February), the Magners producer said it has received clearance and will now proceed with the takeover of the Irish firm. The deal was first announced in November, when the two companies reached an agreement.
Gleeson is the largest distributor of packaged long alcoholic drinks (LADs) to Ireland's on-trade. It acts as agent for a number of beer, wine and spirits brands and produces Finches soft drinks and Tipperary mineral water.
The company is also a supplier of PET bottles and has 11 distribution depots across Ireland.
This month, Richard Corbett looks at the juice category and its recent struggles in Western Europe. How does the future look for juice in the region?...
As SPI Group looks to weather a boycott of Stolichnaya in the US, Chris Mercer considers what steps a drinks company should take if - or when - a crisis hits....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research