IRELAND: C&C Group FY sales strong, but costs drag on profits
- Full-year net profits slip 6.8% to EUR101.1m (US$138.6m)
- Net sales in 12 months to end of February up 30% to EUR620.2m
- Operating profits fall 3.6% to EUR106m
- Ireland, Scotland performance strong, but weaker in US cider market
C&C Group released its full-year results earlier today
C&C Group has seen a healthy rise in full-year sales, but profits fell after a year of “restructuring, integration and consolidation”.
The Tennent's lager owner said today (20 May) that net profits in the 12 months to the end of February, after exceptional items, fell by 6.8% to EUR101.1m (US$138.6m). The group, which also owns the Magners cider brand, said it incurred costs of EUR20.7m in the year from the integration of acquisitions in Ireland, Scotland and the US.
Sales in the 12 months jumped by 30% to EUR620.2m. C&C pointed to a “particularly strong performance” in its domestic market of Ireland, and also Scotland.
Operating profits slipped by 3.6% to EUR106m, after exceptional items. Without exceptional items, however, operating profits were up 10.6% to EUR126.7m.
For the company's international business, operating profits leapt 68% on a constant currency basis. However, in the US, its cider volume growth was behind the category as a whole, due to increased competition.
Looking ahead, Stephen Glancey, C&C's CEO, said: “C&C believes that the fundamentals of its core markets and its position within those markets support continued earnings growth."
He added: “For the current financial year, the objective is to deliver mid-single digit operating profit growth.”
Shares in the company are today trading up 5.85% at EUR4.34.
For the company's full statement, click here.
For a drilldown into C&C's performance regionally, click here.
Click here for coverage of the firm's post-results conference call.
Canadean's "Hop Hing Group Holdings Limited - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major pr...
Canadean's "Southern Packaging Group Limited - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major p...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China