UK: C&C Group eyes fruit wine demand with Castaway Spritz relaunch
Castaway Spritz has been relaunched
C&C Group's wine and spirits unit, International Wine Services (IWS), has relaunched sparkling wine and fruit blend Castaway Spritz in the UK.
IWS said today the move, which follows other recent fruit-flavoured wine releases, targets an expected increase in consumer demand for the category. “Having injected growth into the beer and cider sectors, the fruit-flavour trend is on the verge of doing the same for wine,” said Angela Ham, marketing manager for International Wine Services.
In July, Accolade Wines launched a fruit-infused range of wines under its Echo Falls label in a bid to widen the brand's appeal to female drinkers. In the same month, Pernod Ricard launched sparkling wine Café de Paris in Pear and Pomegranate flavours in the US to target female millenials.
Castaway Spritz has been relaunched in an 8%, 75cl bottle format and will be backed by social media advertising and sampling events, C&C Group said.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
As one of the most well-known and leading manufacturers of spirits globally, Pernod Ricard will continue to support its strong brand portfolio of premium and super premium spirits through large-scale ...
The goal of Pernod Ricard is being one of the leading companies in wine and spirits sales in Mexico and becoming sometime in the future the number one company in the category. Pernod Ricard’s strategy...
Pernod Ricard is ranked second globally in terms of spirits sales by volume. However, it will face a stronger competitor in first-ranked Diageo once its acquisition of India-based United Spirits is co...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts