UK: C&C Group extends Magners League rugby sponsorship
C&C Group has confirmed that its Magners Irish cider brand has extended its sponsorship of the Magners League rugby competition in the UK.
The Ireland-based company said today (24 March) that the Magners League tie-up, which is midway through its third season, will be extended to at least May 2011.
Financial details behind the agreement with league organisers Celtic Rugby were not disclosed.
"Our relationship with Celtic Rugby has been productive and rewarding over the last three years and we are delighted to be extending our partnership," said Stephen Kent, marketing director at Wm Magner.
"Since the first year of sponsorship the stature of the Magners League has increased significantly; the next two seasons will mark a new stage in the development of the tournament, particularly with the introduction of season ending play-offs and we are excited about the prospect of being involved in this process."
Magners involvement in rugby began in 2003 with the sponsorship of Edinburgh Rugby and in 2005 extended to London Wasps, although Magners announced last month that its sponsorship of Wasps will cease at the end of this season. The company said that it will continue to invest in its ongoing development by "engaging rugby fans, the teams and media, and working closely with Celtic Rugby on the inaugural play-offs in 2009/10".
Sectors: Beer & cider
Soft drink Coca-Cola is the world's most valuable brand, according to a report released this week by consultancy group Interbrand and BusinessWeek magazine....
Carlsberg has signed a deal to nearly double its stake in Vietnam's Habeco brewing group....
Varying fortunes for Brazil, Russia, India and China in the global economic downturn have not dented drinks firms' commitment to the 'big four' emerging markets, according to a report....
See the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Drinktec has secured a co-operation agreement with China Brew & China Beverage, giving the two drinks trade shows exclusive support for each other....
Private equity group CVC Capital Partners still intends to acquire Anheuser-Busch InBev brewing assets in Eastern Europe, just-drinks understands....
Heineken is to cut around 5% of its workforce in Romania by ceasing all malt production in the country, as part of the brewer's global cost savings strategy....
Red Bull has criticised two Swedish retail chains after they announced a plan to ban energy drinks sales to children under the age of 15, citing health concerns....
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report