IRELAND: C&C Group director to retire
C&C Group's managing director of its cider division which incorporates its premium cider brands, Bulmers and Magners, is leaving the company.
Speaking to just-drinks today (9 November) a spokesperson for C&C confirmed that Brendan McGuinness, who has spent 37 years at the group, has decided to retire from 1 May.
"He's not going until next year, so there is still quite a lot to be done that McGuinness is involved with until then," the spokesperson said.
C&C Group chairman Tony O'Brien added: "Brendan has been central to the successful development of the group's cider business in Ireland and, more recently, in the UK. He has made a significant contribution to the group both as managing director of the cider division and as a board member."
Last month the troubled Irish drinks group posted a 39% drop in basic adjusted earnings per share to EUR0.175. Operating profit dropped 33%, just above analysts' forecasts of EUR66.8m, to EUR67m.
Revenue for the period was flat at EUR375.6m and the group's branded cider volumes declined by 1%. Magners volumes increased by 2% year-on-year and, in the UK, on-trade distribution was 66% in July compared with 67% in February.
Sectors: Beer & cider
The call by the Food Standards Agency (FSA) for the voluntary withdrawal of certain colourings, and its recommendation that British ministers push for a total ban in the EU, surprised observers from t...
The first chief executive of the UK's Drinkaware Trust has surprisingly stepped down after less than a year in the position....
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…...
Foster's Group has appointed a chief human resources officer, according to a recent filing with the Australian Stock Exchange....
Groupe Danone has reiterated its sales and profits targets for this year....
Pernod Ricard has reported a slight lift in sales for the first nine months of its current fiscal year....
The Edrington Group has released its oldest ever offering of Highland Park in the UK market, as part of its core range of single malts....
Davide Campari-Milano has announced details of its latest dividend payment....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report