UK: C&C Group backs Gaymers with GBP5m spend
C&C Group is backing its new cider brand, Gaymers, with a GBP5m (US$7.4m) marketing spend in 2010.
The campaign will focus on Gaymers' association with live music and the brand already has pouring rights at several major festivals in the UK this summer, including Glastonbury, Big Chill, Bestival and Latitude.
Rhodri Williams, Gaymers brand manager, told a briefing with journalists in London today that the GBP5m spend will increase the cider's links to live music. It is thought spend is up from around GBP4m in 2009.
C&C Group, which bought Gaymers from Constellation Brands at the end of last year, has widened the brand's association with music by signing a deal with live music events company, ANG Group.
For more on Gaymers' music marketing strategy, check back on just-drinks later this week.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future