UK: C&C gives Magners a Light addition
C&C Group has lined up a sales drive for its recently-launched addition to its Magners cider stable in the UK.
The Ireland-based drinks company said yesterday (25 February) that Magners Light, which was initially launched in the UK off-trade through Asda supermarkets late last year, will be backed by a push to up sales in and around the capital.
The low-carb cider, which has 92 calories per 330ml bottle, but retains an ABV of 4.5% - the same as original Magners, will be backed by an advertising campaign and stockist kits containing glassware and POS.
Over the next five weeks, representatives from Magners will visit outlets in the capital "to secure distribution for Magners Light and educate bar staff on the new low calorie alternative", the company said.
Richard Barnes, Magners' brand manager, said: "Magners Light embodies all the same qualities, craftsmanship and heritage offered by Magners Original Irish Cider. With the Light drinks market continuing to grow, we are convinced that Magners Light will take off in London and are providing huge above the line support to ensure it is a success."
Magners Light is offered in 330ml bottles, as opposed to the 1-pint bottles for Magners Original, in an attempt to appeal to female drinkers.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- Scotch whisky leaders sign pro-UK letter
- Bacardi announces CFO switch