UK: C&C gets UBS coverage
UBS has begun coverage of Irish drinks company C&C Group.
The investment bank initiated coverage of the company today (11 October) with a 'buy' rating and a target share price of EUR14. UBS highlighted the doubling of C&C's rating since its IPO in May 2004 to 19 times earnings from 10 times. Despite this, the broker said that it still believes this undervalues the growth potential of C&C's flagship cider brand, Magners.
UBS also said that the initial success of the brand in the UK, tied to the continuing recovery of the UK cider market and the strong operational leverage of cider production, should help generate a compound annual growth rate of around 39 times for earnings per share between this year and 2009.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - SABMiller and Diageo: A Tie-Up Too Far
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SABMiller launches Grolsch in a jar - video