IRELAND: C&C extends Tullamore Dew range
C&C International is extending its Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey range with a Ten Year Old Reserve blend into a limited number of markets.
The new product, which sits between standard Tullamore Dew and its 12 Year Old, is being rolled out to the US and a select number of European markets, the company said today (10 June).
"With the huge growth in appreciation of Irish whiskey, there is a real aged blend trend being driven by consumers looking to trade up," said C&C International's marketing manager, Ann O'Leary. "It's a sure sign that the category has reached its next stage of maturity."
The Ten Year Old Reserve is a triple distilled blend, aged in Spanish and American Oak casks for a minimum of ten years. The result is a "refined and balanced" medium bodied with "balanced flavours of malt and spice, wood and vanilla", the company said.
The entry of Diageo into the Irish whiskey market has further enlivened a sector already growing steadily thanks to the efforts of the other major global spirits force, Pernod Ricard. And a new report...
Magners Cider was a phenomenal, but seemingly short-lived, brand success story. As C&C Group seeks to recover from the boom and bust experience that befell its cider brand, it is looking to its spirit...
Pernod Ricard has lined up a 'live wall projection' campaign for its Jameson brand in two cities in the US....
Jameson has signed a deal to become the title sponsor of the Empire Awards 2009 in the film magazines 20th anniversary year....
C&C Group has said it aims to be selling 1m cases of its Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey brand by 2012....
Pernod Ricard UK is launching a series of consumer film screening events to support Irish whiskey brand Jameson in the country....
Fiji Water has announced a new Ocado listing of its 500ml and 1ltr product....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research