IRELAND: C&C completes Gleeson Group acquisition
C&C Group has completed on the deal for Gleeson
C&C Group has completed its EUR12.4m (US$16m) acquisition of the Gleeson Group in Ireland.
The Magners producer said in a statement today (7 March) that the deal for M&J Gleeson and its subsidiaries, first announced in November, has gone through. The Irish Competition Authority waved through the transaction last week.
Gleeson is the largest distributor of packaged long alcoholic drinks (LADs) to Ireland's on-trade.
It acts as agent for a number of beer, wine and spirits brands and produces Finches soft drinks and Tipperary mineral water.
The company is also a supplier of PET bottles and has 11 distribution depots across Ireland.
Alcoholic Drinks in Ireland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). T...
The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on beer market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk