IRELAND: C&C completes Gleeson Group acquisition
C&C Group has completed on the deal for Gleeson
C&C Group has completed its EUR12.4m (US$16m) acquisition of the Gleeson Group in Ireland.
The Magners producer said in a statement today (7 March) that the deal for M&J Gleeson and its subsidiaries, first announced in November, has gone through. The Irish Competition Authority waved through the transaction last week.
Gleeson is the largest distributor of packaged long alcoholic drinks (LADs) to Ireland's on-trade.
It acts as agent for a number of beer, wine and spirits brands and produces Finches soft drinks and Tipperary mineral water.
The company is also a supplier of PET bottles and has 11 distribution depots across Ireland.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages