UK: Cazadores Tequila gets UK on-trade launch
BBFB said it would be focusing on the Cazadores Reposado and Cazadores Añejo, targeting the top 60 outlets across the UK on-trade, which are primarily located in London.
"We've already had extremely positive feedback from key members of the on-trade about the potential for this brand within the UK," said Martin Horner, trade activation marketing manager for BBFB. "Primarily we are keeping the sales effort concentrated on top-end outlets that stock an existing range of premium Tequilas. With a route to market now established through key London wholesalers, we expect Cazadores to start hitting the backbars of some of the UK's most premium outlets over the next two months."
The launch is being accompanied by the introduction of new packaging with a redesigned label, a brass seal on the neck and an improved closure. In addition, a revamped Cazadores website was launched earlier this month to support the brand's increasing growth in existing markets, and help establish a presence in new markets across Europe and South East Asia.
Magally Franco, formerly bar manager at the exclusive Chelsea wine and cocktail bar Apartment 195, has been appointed as the global brand ambassador for Cazadores, and will support BBFB's sales efforts within the on-trade by providing training and tasting sessions for key outlets.
Cazadores is a 100% blue agave Tequila which is produced in the Los Altos region of Mexico. The brand has been showing strong growth in the premium Tequila market in both Mexico and the US, BBFB added.
On the back of a raft of acquisitions, Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has grown to become a major force in both the Polish and Hungarian spirits markets. Bill Carey, the company's ch...
Brown-Forman has announced details of its quarterly dividend payment....
The privatisation of Swedish state-owned alcohol concern Vin & Sprit has been brought forward as an indirect result of the US sub-prime mortgage crisis, Swedish media has reported....
Bacardi is looking to focus on the premium status of its Dewar's Scotch whisky portfolio, with the opening of a new facility in Scotland....
Bacardi has finalised a deal to buy a plot of land in Scotland as part of its expansion plans for the Dewar's Scotch whisky portfolio....
Davide Campari-Milano is eyeing the whisky category, according to reports....
Maxxium Worldwide has reported record sales in its mid year results....
American International Industries has acquired a 9.9% stake in Las Vegas Premium Gold Products Inc. in exchange for restricted shares of common stock and other financial consideration....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends