UK: Caviro launches Tavernello wine brand in UK
Italian wine cooperative Caviro is to launch its Tavernello brand in Tetra Pak packaging in Tesco stores in the UK.
Tavernello, to be introduced from mid-August in Tesco stores, features Italian wine styles Trebbiano Pinot Bianco and Sangiovese, Caviro announced today (10 August).
The range has a recommended retail price of GBP3.99 (US$6.63) for a 75cl Tetra Pak package and features a 100% Sangiovese and a white blend of 80% Trebbiano and 20% Pinot Bianco.
Caviro export business unit manager Pier Luigi Calcagnile said: "The launch follows an extended period of market research that allowed us to identify a gap in the market for an authentic, fruit forward and easy drinking Italian wine that over-delivers on quality at the entry-level price point."
The launch will be supported by a nationwide sampling campaign throughout key Tesco stores in August, with further brand investment activities planned for early 2010.
The sampling also coincides with the launch of a UK website - www.tavernello.co.uk.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends