SPAIN: Cava sparkling wine nine-month volumes rise
Sales of Cava sparkling wine have risen by almost 3% in volume terms for the first nine months of 2011, new figures show.
Wines from Spain said yesterday (21 December) that global sales of Cava reached 152m bottles for the nine months to the end of September, up by 2.8% on the same period of 2010. Value sales figures were not released.
Volume sales increased more quickly outside of Spain, with export volumes up by 3% to 94.7m bottles. Domestic volumes rose by 2.45%. Germany has emerged as clearly the largest export market for Cava, with volumes sales to the country up by 3.8% over the nine months, to 23.8m bottles. Volumes in the UK, meanwhile, fell by 3% to 19m bottles.
The emerging markets of China, Russia and Brazil showed strong growth, with volumes up by 115%, 60% and 49% respectively. However, Wines from Spain said that total Cava exports to these countries "remain modest".
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review