US: Castle unveils Boru vodka revamp
Castle Brands has updated the look of its flagship vodka offering.
The US spirits group unveiled the new look for Boru Vodka today (26 February) and announced it was upping the number of times the vodka is distilled from four times to five.
The new bottle bears a "more contemporary" Boru Vodka logo as well as a sword and shield icon, Castle said. In addition, the bottle also contains vertical cuts representing swords and has a black shield debossed in the bottom third of the bottle.
"One of the lessons from my time running the operations of Absolut vodka for Vin & Sprit in North America was that in a very competitive market; having a very high-quality liquid in the premium segment is not enough," said Claes Fick, the company's chief commercial and marketing officer. "We took a hard look at the playing field and realised that our old packaging did not measure up to the quality of the bottle's contents."
The new packaging will be introduced across the US next month and will be followed later in the year by an international roll out.
Boru Vodka is available nationwide in the US and Ireland and in a growing number of other international markets.
Fortune Brands has disclosed its plans for the transition of its CEO next year....
Bacardi has disclosed plans to close its rum distillery in the Bahamas due to changes in trade agreements and competition....
Vin & Sprit has posted a slight lift in its half-year figures, despite a hammering from exchange rate fluctuations....
Pernod Ricard has said it remains confident that the issuance of an arrest warrant for the chief of its partner in Stolichnaya will not affect the agreement between the two companies....
Shaw-Ross plans to launch its new luxury quadruple-distilled French vodka, made with 24-carat gold flakes, across the US....
Castle Brands has nominated seven of its eight current directors for re-election to its board as well as suggested two newcomers....
The chief of Pernod Ricard's Stolichnaya partner is the subject of an arrest warrant in his native Russia....
Liquor auctions have been legalised in New York....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends