UK: Castle secures UK listing for Boru
Castle Brands has secured a listing for its Boru Irish vodka brand in a major UK supermarket chain.
Sainsbury's will begin stocking the vodka in around 300 of its outlets from this Saturday (27 January), the company has said.
"This partnership with Sainsbury's is great for our consumers and … is largely attributed to our advertising campaign in 2006; when we supported Twenty20 cricket and other sporting events," said Iain Stewart, Castle Brands' commercial director today (25 January).
"We will continue to support Boru in 2007; giving the brand exactly what it deserves with further partnerships with Premiership football this season."
This listing will feature the 1-litre bottle of Boru, which will have a RRP of GBP14.49 (US$28.52).
In November, Castle posted a net loss for the six-month period to the end of September. The US-based spirits group saw the half-year generate a loss of US$8.9m against a $5.4m loss in the corresponding period a year earlier.
Sales, however, leapt by 16%. The company blamed increased marketing investment and costs related to its status as a public company. Castle listed in New York in April.
There has rarely been dull moment in recent years for anyone concerned with Stolichnaya, with a long-running rights dispute over the brand name, a switch to bottling the brand outside Russia and the t...
With interest surrounding the likely sale of Swedish spirits producer V&S Group growing by the day, there could be no better time to look at the company's flagship vodka brand Absolut and the opportun...
The US-based Eastern European drinks group CEDC has continued its rapid expansion with the acquisition of Russian vodka brand Parliament. While some observers have questioned the move, Patience Gould ...
Gruppo Campari has acquired the portfolio of spirits company X-Rated in the US....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a healthy rise in sales for its first fiscal quarter of 2007....
Absolut Vodka has unveiled an addition to its portfolio in the US, inspired by the city of New Orleans....
Phillips Distilling's flavoured vodka line UV Vodka has added a mixer to its range in the US....
Central European Distribution Corporation is set to buy a majority stake in the owner of the top selling premium vodka brand in Russia....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research