US: Castle Brands unveils Knappogue limited edition
Castle Brands has unveiled a special edition Knappogue Castle Whiskey, the company's founding brand.
Knappogue Castle 15 Year Old Irish Single Malt Whiskey was created using one cask each of single malt distilled in 1990, 1991 and 1992, the company said today (30 September).
The packaging will be different from Knappogue's traditional vintages, it added
"Years ago, our blender identified these three casks as extra special and we did not include them in their respective vintage bottlings," said Roseann Sessa, vice president marketing and public relations for Castle Brands.
"The higher proof and lack of chill filtering lets the whiskey retain all of its natural flavour. Knappogue Castle 15 is a connoisseur's whiskey."
Knappogue Castle 15 Year Old will be available this season at select retailers, with a recommended retail price of US$100.
Recent results suggest all spirits companies are feeling the effects of the downturn but some are better equipped for long-term growth than others. Jeremy Cunnington of Euromonitor International asses...
A consumer shift to lower-price Bourbon has begun to eat into Brown-Forman's flagship Jack Daniel's and Southern Comfort brands, but several analysts believe the US drinks group remains in decent shap...
Brown-Forman has posted a slight lift in net profit for the first nine months of its fiscal year, despite slowing sales in its third quarter....
C&C Group, owner of Magners cider, has outlined a tough year ahead after net sales fell by around 13% in the year to the end of February....
Magners cider owner C&C Group has said that it is not selling its spirits business, following a report by just-drinks this afternoon (2 March)....
Drinks Americas is expanding its business in Ohio, the company said today (2 March)....
Castle Brands has trimmed back its losses in the first nine months of its fiscal year, despite slowing sales in the period....
Pernod Ricard is launching a limited edition silver bottle for its Irish whiskey brand Jameson's in the UK, in time for St Patrick's Day....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends