UK: Castle Brands rolls out Boru vodka repackaging to UK
Castle Brands plans to extend the recent packaging revamp for its Boru vodka brand to the UK in September.
The company said today (30 August) that the packaging roll-out follows a recent distribution deal with United Brands and is part of its strategy to establish Boru as a leading brand in the UK.
The packaging, which was launched in the US in March, includes a black and silver palette on a clear bottle. The new bottle bears a "more contemporary" Boru Vodka logo as well as a sword and shield icon, Castle said. In addition, the bottle also contains vertical cuts representing swords and has a black shield debossed in the bottom third of the bottle.
United Brands director Mark Dawkins said: "By increasing Boru's distillation and redesigning its packaging, Castle Brands is, in effect, launching a new brand. The new Boru reflects the boldness, clarity and quality of this outstanding vodka, which is now well positioned to become a leader in its category."
Boru Vodka will also now be available in retailers including Sainsburys, Parfetts and Nisa across the UK.
Premium and super-premium brands have been important drivers in the growing vodka category for some time but among the key trends forecast in a recent report on the vodka market from just-drinks is th...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch and Miller Brewing have been hit with subpoenas in the US over their sales and marketing of their caffeinated alcoholic drinks brands....
Vin & Sprit has completed the clearance of one of its Swedish facilities, with its Cognac production moving to Cognac, France....
Global Brands, the UK drinks group which markets the VK Vodka Kick brand, has launched a ready-to-drink (RTD) Mojito cocktail....
US spirits company Castle Brands has appointed John Glover as senior vice president of marketing....
Diageo is launching a music-themed campaign for its market-leading vodka brand, Smirnoff, in the US....
Vin & Sprit has announced a collaboration with Grammy-winning rap star Kanye West for its vodka brand Absolut in the US....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts