US: Castle Brands Q1 losses increase after US$4.2m Bourbon investment
- First-quarter net losses widen by 1% to US$1.5m
- Net sales up 15% to $12m
- Q1 operating losses increase 14% to $519,000
Castle Brands said 2014 is to be a "turning point"
Castle Brands has widened Q1 losses despite a rise in sales after it invested US$4.2m in aged Bourbon stocks.
Net losses in the three months to the end of June rose by 1% to US$1.5m, the New York City-headquartered spirits producer said yesterday. Net sales were up 15% to $12m in the same period while Q1 operating losses increased by 14% to $519,000.
The company said that it bought the aged Bourbon in April as well as securing additional rye inventory to support the “continued rapid growth of the Jefferson's Bourbon brand”.
“Just as we continue to expand the Jefferson's umbrella, we plan to add additional offerings under our Knappogue and Clontarf Irish whiskey labels. This should provide additional growth opportunities for our whiskey sales," said John Glover, COO of Castle Brands.
The company increased its whiskey sales by 31% in the quarter.
Meanwhile, Gosling's Stormy Ginger Beer case sales increased 56% to about 162,000 cases.
In full-year results, Castle said fiscal 2014 was to be a “turning point” for the company after it posted a positive EBITDA for the first time in the company's history.
Castle Brands' share price fell by 6% in morning trading today.
To read the company's full results, click here.
The clamour in recent years to enter the Irish whiskey category suggests that the segment is poised to become the next big thing. But, with one brand dominating the sector massively, are the prospects...
Canadean's "Castle Brands Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains...
Late yesterday, Brown-Forman announced its entry into the Irish whiskey category through the purchase of Slane Castle Irish Whiskey Ltd...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during June 2015....
Canadean's "Globus Spirits Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile cont...
Synopsis Canadean's "SABMiller plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research