US: Castle Brands hires industry veteran
Castle Brands has announced its appointment of an industry veteran for the post of New England regional manager.
The position will be filled by Lee Royer, who has spent the last six years as New England regional manager with Distillerie Stock and previously 20 years with Allied Domecq, the company said late last week.
In his new role, Royer's territory will cover Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut.
Castle Brands' vice president of sales/eastern region Bob Battipaglia said: "I have known and respected Lee for many years. He has incredible long-term relationships at both the distributor and retail level.
"I believe Lee will have an immediate impact on Castle Brands' performance in this critical region of the country."
While growth in Irish whiskey has been fostered by Pernod Ricard and latterly Diageo, the category's progress has also allowed independent producer Cooley Distillery to expand. In this month's just-dr...
It takes a brave man to question the assumptions of a business that, to all intents and purposes, is riding the crest of a wave, but that is what happened in Scotland this month, Chris Brook-Carter re...
The Indian spirits sector has undoubted growth potential, on the back of a growing economy, an expanding middle class and rising disposable income but international companies face many obstacles as th...
Independent spirits company William Grant & Sons has appointed Simon Hunt as managing director of William Grant & Sons North America and Mexico and president of WGS USA, with effect from 15 October....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a revamp of its Ballantine's 12 Year Old blended Scotch....
Skyy Spirits has appointed of a new director of public relations and events....
Pernod Ricard has lined up the sale of Framingham in New Zealand....
Pernod Ricard has posted a strong rise in profit for its last fiscal year....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends