US: Castle Brands closes US$21m placement
Castle Brands has closed its private placement and raised US$21m.
The US-based spirits company said yesterday (9 May) that the placement, in which the firm sold stock and warrants to institutional investors, closed on Tuesday. The company said it intends to use the cash for "further brand development, acquisitions, and other corporate purposes".
The financing, initially announced last month, saw Castle sell around 3.5m shares for around $5.97 each. In addition, the placement includes the issuance of around 1.4m warrants with an exercise price of $6.57 per share. The warrants will expire five years from the date of issuance.
Earlier this year, Castle saw its second CFO resign in less than five months. Herbert Roberts followed Matthew MacFarlane out of the door in March, citing personal reasons.
Among the brands owned by Castle are Boru vodka, Gosling's rum and Knappogue Irish Whiskey.
On the back of a raft of acquisitions, Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has grown to become a major force in both the Polish and Hungarian spirits markets. Bill Carey, the company's ch...
Davide Campari-Milano has reported a slight lift in profits for what it called a "satisfactory" start to the year so far....
Davide Campari-Milano is eyeing the whisky category, according to reports....
Global drinks majors Diageo and Pernod Ricard have slashed the prices on their whiskies ranging from 10-37% depending on the state, expect in Maharashtra....
Drinks Americas Holdings is set to expand coverage for its Trump Super Premium Vodka brand to Russia....
Maxxium Worldwide has reported record sales in its mid year results....
Russian Standard Vodka is taking its vodka brands to Slovenia....
India is the largest market for Bacardi superior rum, and this success has motivated Bacardi-Martini India to launch Bacardi Apple in Mumbai, to be rolled out nationwide....
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020