US: Castle Brands brings New Coke marketer on board
Castle Brands is adding to its board
Sergio Zyman, who has also worked for PepsiCo, will consult on marketing strategy for the wine and spirits developer, Castle said yesterday (9 May). “His knowledge and experience in the realm of beverage marketing make him a valuable asset for Castle Brands,” board chairman Mark Andrews said.
According to Fortune magazine, Zyman was in charge of Coca-Cola's launch of “New Coke”, which in 1985 reformulated brand Coca-Cola's 98-year-old recipe. New Coke was abandoned after three months because of a consumer backlash.
Despite the failure of New Coke, Zyman was brought back as Coca-Cola's CMO in 1993 after a seven-year break. Today, he is chairman and founder of Zyman Marketing Group and has written several books on marketing.
In year-to-date results released in February, Castle Brands' net losses widened but saw sales increase by 20%.
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
This month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor looks at the small but booming soft drink sub-category of 'flavour enhancers'; the 21st Century's answer to the squashes and cordials of yore....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research