US: Castle Brands brings New Coke marketer on board
Castle Brands is adding to its board
Sergio Zyman, who has also worked for PepsiCo, will consult on marketing strategy for the wine and spirits developer, Castle said yesterday (9 May). “His knowledge and experience in the realm of beverage marketing make him a valuable asset for Castle Brands,” board chairman Mark Andrews said.
According to Fortune magazine, Zyman was in charge of Coca-Cola's launch of “New Coke”, which in 1985 reformulated brand Coca-Cola's 98-year-old recipe. New Coke was abandoned after three months because of a consumer backlash.
Despite the failure of New Coke, Zyman was brought back as Coca-Cola's CMO in 1993 after a seven-year break. Today, he is chairman and founder of Zyman Marketing Group and has written several books on marketing.
In year-to-date results released in February, Castle Brands' net losses widened but saw sales increase by 20%.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
This month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor looks at the small but booming soft drink sub-category of 'flavour enhancers'; the 21st Century's answer to the squashes and cordials of yore....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research