US: Castle Brands brings New Coke marketer on board
Castle Brands is adding to its board
Sergio Zyman, who has also worked for PepsiCo, will consult on marketing strategy for the wine and spirits developer, Castle said yesterday (9 May). “His knowledge and experience in the realm of beverage marketing make him a valuable asset for Castle Brands,” board chairman Mark Andrews said.
According to Fortune magazine, Zyman was in charge of Coca-Cola's launch of “New Coke”, which in 1985 reformulated brand Coca-Cola's 98-year-old recipe. New Coke was abandoned after three months because of a consumer backlash.
Despite the failure of New Coke, Zyman was brought back as Coca-Cola's CMO in 1993 after a seven-year break. Today, he is chairman and founder of Zyman Marketing Group and has written several books on marketing.
In year-to-date results released in February, Castle Brands' net losses widened but saw sales increase by 20%.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
This month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor looks at the small but booming soft drink sub-category of 'flavour enhancers'; the 21st Century's answer to the squashes and cordials of yore....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014